Tony is an engineer of considerable status within the energy industry, he has a breadth of experience covering the full range of power generation, from large CCGT plant to smaller scale generation and previously heading Centrica’s renewables business with responsibility for asset performance, asset integrity, strategy, operation and maintenance.
- Tony has previously held the post of Generation Manager, Engineering and Maintenance Manager at 1275/1725Mw multi fuel thermal plants.
- Covering all P&L responsibility for assets and engineering disciplines providing support across a wide range of equipment and projects.
- These included 275kV gas insulated substations;
- Generation transformers up to 490MVA; extensive SCADA and control systems; gas turbine major maintenance, upgrades; new build projects and responsibility for all engineering aspects of the site.
- During his tenure at the Centrica Renewable business it has been turned from an underperforming unit into one that has attracted keen interest from purchasers and realised a significant return for its owners. Focussing on partner relationships, value and delivery Tony and the team have transformed the operation and made Grimsby base a centre of excellence in Health and Safety, engineering, contract partner management and continuous improvement. Tony has had the final decision on all technical submissions to the board during his tenure.